background

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas


I realized I never posted Eli's picture with Santa this year.  It's definitely my favorite so far.  He did so good!  Eli was nervous but excited!  There was no one there when we went to visit Santa so Eli got lots of Santa time.  He went right up to him and told him "I want a construction site with a wrecking ball crane".  I told Eli he was supposed to wait until Santa asked him what he wanted.  Santa laughs and says "I guess he didn't want to forget"! 

Our Christmas started last weekend.  Eli's Christmas party at school was Friday morning.  Not all of the kids in his class were there for the party.


 This is his best friend in his class, Jack Henry.  He talks about him ALL the time!

Friday after Chad got off work we headed to Forrest City to have Christmas with both sides of our family.  We knew it would be a fast trip but we didn't really have any other time to do it.  Finding time for everyone during the holidays is always tricky for us since we both usually have to work some of the holiday.

Eli helping Emmie and Gracie open their presents.

Chad and me at Mom's house

Eli and Matthew enjoying hot chocolate at Mom's house

Eli and his tower of presents

Eli opened this tractor and said "wow, it's what I've always wanted"!!

I think this tractor ranks up there as one of his favorite gifts for Christmas.  This child loves tractors!  Especially construction tractors!




A little family game of go fishing

We came home on Sunday since we both had to work on Christmas Eve.  Chad went out to do some last minute Christmas shopping.  Eli and I stayed home to decorate a gingerbread house.  I haven't decorated gingerbread houses in years!  I bought the kit from Wal-mart.  Definitely the way to go! 

Eli had a great time!  I put the house together then let him decorate it.  He wanted to eat all the candy and icing instead of decorate!  Who can blame him?

When I got home from work on Christmas Eve Eli was going crazy!  He was so excited!  I was afraid we were never going to get him to sleep.  He had to sample one of Santa's cookies before we could put them out.

 I just love Christmas pajamas!

This is how most of our pictures usually end up.  Eli is one silly kid!

When we went to visit Santa he told us that Rudolph liked apples and carrots.  Eli wanted to leave him a snack along with the cookies for Santa.

This morning I totally expected Eli to wake up really early.  My sister and I always woke up at 5 or 6am on Christmas morning!  Eli didn't wake up until after 8:00!  I didn't mind sleeping in at all!  He was so excited when he saw all Santa had left him.

This picture pretty much sums up our morning!  I love it!

We've been under a winter storm warning all day.  It was 25 degrees with a wind chill of 15 outside.  We couldn't NOT go outside for Eli to test out his new four wheeler!  We could only stay out for about 15 minutes.  It was too cold!  And I just want to add we NEVER got snow!  What's up with that, weathermen???

We spent the rest of the day hanging out inside while Eli played with all his new toys from Christmas.  This is the "construction site" he asked Santa for.
 

Eli took a little time out from toys to watch Finding Nemo.

We have had a wonderful Christmas this year!
Merry Christmas to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment