background

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Eli's Birthday Weekend

The week leading up to Eli's birthday we had some unexpected things happen.  Chad's grandmother unexpectedly passed away the Wednesday before Eli's birthday.  We wanted to continue to make Eli's birthday weekend special.  So Chad went home to Forrest City to be with his family and my mom came up for the weekend as planned.  Everything worked out perfectly and Eli never knew anything had changed.  Chad was able to leave early, early Sunday morning (Eli's actual birthday) and got home around 10:00am.  

On Friday we took doughnuts to Eli's preschool class for his birthday snack.  I think he was pretty proud to have his turn in bringing a birthday snack!  I let him have a leftover doughnut for a snack later that afternoon.  Eli hasn't had many doughnuts in his lifetime.  We just don't buy them.  I have a feeling that will be changing!  He LOVES doughnuts now!


Mom and I wanted to do a little shopping at the mall on Saturday.  I gave Eli a choice between Chick Fil A chicken nuggets or spaghetti for lunch.  This child loves Sbarro spaghetti.  Good thing he's not a messy eater.  Eli is usually a pretty good shopping partner as long as I can keep him occupied with my iPhone or iPad.  This day was different.  He was terrible.  More on that in the next post...

We went to HuHot for dinner that night.  They have these dessert s'mores that you make at your table.  Perfect for this s'more-loving boy!




More on Eli's birthday up next!


No comments:

Post a Comment