background

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Destin Day 5

This morning was as perfect as a trip to the beach can get!  We got out to the beach before 9am and we practically had the beach to ourselves!  The water was a little choppy because we were supposed to have some storms this afternoon but we were still able to get in and enjoy our last day at the beach.  Eli actually wanted to get in the ocean and loved running in the waves!  And he actually stopped to smile and let me take pictures of him too!  I snapped away!  Of course when I have 100+ pictures of him at the beach on my camera the computer won't recognize my camera (this happens sometimes).  I uploaded the few pictures I have from my other camera but the good ones won't come until later.  Sorry!

We did get some thunderstorms this afternoon for about 3 hours.  It was kind of nice to have some rain since we haven't seen a cloud since getting here on Sunday!  It helped cool off the temperatures and gave us an excuse to do some more shopping :)

For dinner we went to eat at our favorite restaurant in town, McGuire's Irish Pub.  We had been looking forward to this all week.  I know it sounds weird for our favorite place to be an Irish pub in the heart of Florida where they are known for their seafood but let me tell you!  They have the BEST steaks EVER!  After eating seafood all week we are always ready for a good steak.  It's the perfect way to end the vacation.

Okay, here are the few pictures from my small point and shoot camera.

Chad and Eli at McGuire's

Inside McGuire's they have dollar bills ALL OVER the place!  Hanging from the ceiling, all over the walls, they are just everywhere.  Of course we had to leave our mark!

Chad was trying to tell Eli to give a "thumbs up" for the picture.  This is what Eli did instead.  So Chad followed Eli and did what he was doing.  Silly boys!


My sweet Eli.  He was really good at dinner tonight!  Actually he was pretty good most of the day!  Maybe he's getting out of his mood and back to my sweet boy!  Gotta love that ketchup face!



Playing at the beach




Action shot.  Caught mid-air!


Preparing to run in the waves


And I will leave you with a cute story from tonight that had us laughing so hard.

Chad was laying in bed with Eli before he fell asleep.
Eli says, "Daddy, what stinks?"
Chad replies, "I pooted".
Eli says, "Daddy, go potty"!

We both fell out laughing!  That boy is full of it!
Love him so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment