background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Destin Day 4

Today was another great day in Destin!  The weather has remained perfect and the ocean was the best it has been all week!  The waves were really low and the water the perfect temperature.  We definitely can't complain!  Even Eli was in a little better mood today!  We chose to take a beach/pool break this afternoon and try to do a little shopping.  After shopping we went to dinner and then to get ice cream.  More about our after-dinner adventures below...


Putting Daddy to work.


 Stopping for a picture

Washing his hands off in the ocean



Trying to ignore me while working hard



Trucking at the beach


I love this little face so much!



Taking a break from the beach and playing at the pool

Swimming with Daddy


"Hiding" from Mommy



Being silly at dinner

Sweet face :)




These next pictures were taken by Eli.  He loves to get my camera and take pictures!  Maybe he will be a photographer one day?!






Gotta love looking at the world through toddler eyes!

Finally a picture of Eli and me!  See I really am here on vacation with Chad and Eli!  I'm just always behind the camera!


After dinner we ran by the local promenade to stop at the book store and for ice cream.  While I was getting ice cream for us Eli was supposed to be playing on the playground with Chad.  Well there just happens to be a water spout area right beside the playground.  Chad said Eli went down the slide one time and then spotted the water.  As soon as he got off the slide he made a B-line for the water!  He was so fast Chad couldn't stop him before he was soaking wet.  Chad just took off his shirt and let him run wild.  Eli had the best time and we did too just watching him.  He laughed and giggled the entire time.  I think he had more fun tonight than he has the entire vacation.  We stayed there for at least an hour!  I know someone who will sleep good tonight  :) 

We plan to go back tomorrow!


His diaper was so swollen it was pushing his shorts down!  Crazy boy couldn't have cared less!



This is the end result.  A cold, wet little boy who played his heart out!

Tomorrow is our last full day here.  I'm sad our vacation is coming to an end but I'm looking forward to getting back in our routine.  I always love vacation but I also love going home when it's over.  I guess that's a good thing.  I love our simple life at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment