background

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Pie

Someone, somewhere talked to Eli about baking a pumpkin pie.  I'm not sure who it was.  Maybe school?  Anyway, he was OBSESSED with making one!  It was all he talked about for 3 days.  Although Chad likes it, I have never cared for pumpkin pie.  However, being the good mom I am (Ha!) I decided we would make one.  I found a recipe online from Paula Deen.  I read the reviews and it sounded really good!

We finally made it on Sunday night!  Eli was soooooo excited to finally bake this pie after talking about it for so long!


 

I also found this recipe on Pinterest.  It wasn't really a recipe but instead just a picture of two pumpkin cookies sandwiched with cream cheese icing.  Since I don't care for pumpkin pie I wanted something else pumpkin flavored that I could enjoy while everyone else ate their pumpkin pie.  So I made these...

And let me tell you.  They were absolutely as delicious as they look and sound!

 I didn't realize how late it was when we started making the pie.  It wasn't completely cooled by Eli's bedtime so I promised him he could have a slice for breakfast the next morning.  He was excited but not too sure about the pie.

Later that day I let him have another slice (he would only take one bite at breakfast).  This time I topped it with whipped cream.  He loved it!  I think he liked the whipped cream the most.

I have to say... I like pumpkin pie now!  This pie was delicious!  It tasted a lot like a pumpkin cheesecake.  Maybe that's why I liked it?

Here's the recipe if you want to try it... Paula Deen's Pumpkin Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment