background

Monday, October 8, 2012

Last day of Destin & Pearl Jam on the Beach





I know I'm way behind with blog posts.  I apologize.  I will just pick up right where I left off...

Friday was our last full day in Destin.  A couple of weeks before we left for vacation we realized Pearl Jam would be playing in Pensacola (just an hour away) at the DeLuna Festival.  We ended up buying tickets.  Who wouldn't want to see PJ on the beach??  It just woudn't have felt right knowing they were an hour away and not being there to see them ;)

We bought Eli a plane ticket to fly back with Mom and Randy Friday morning.  He was really excited about flying on a plane!  After dropping them off at the airport we drove through the town of Pensacola to check out the festival site.  We happened to find this amazing beach in Pensacola.  It was comparable to any beach we visited while living in Hawaii!  I never knew Florida beaches could be so beautiful!  I didn't want to leave.  But unfortunately we didn't have swimsuits on and had to get back to Destin to pack up our condo and go BACK to Pensacola for the concert later that night.  Did I mention there was not a person in sight in either direction on this beach????  Crazy!  I want to back there RIGHT NOW!


To prove this was a real beach and not a postcard!

Mom sent me these pictures of Eli in the airport and on the plane.  I know he had a great time flying with Mimi and Grandy!

DeLuna Fest!!!!!!!

What an amazing back drop for a concert!  Truly a once in a lifetime experience!

Of course Pearl Jam didn't disappoint.  Such a great show!

Lordy...

 I took one last picture Saturday morning from the condo balcony just before we left.
Sigh....

Can I go back now please?


No comments:

Post a Comment