background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I know this is late.  Shut it.  Just enjoy.

I can't remember the last time Chad and I went "home" for Thanksgiving.  I don't think we've been home since we got married.  And speaking of, our wedding anniversary is tomorrow (December 6th)!  8 years! 

Anyway, one of us usually has to work during Thanksgiving or the days before or the days after.  For the last 3 years we have been invited to spend Thanksgiving with some close friends of ours.  We enjoy going to their house!  They are like our second family!

Thanksgiving morning we spent our time watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (a must for me), putting up the Christmas tree and putting up Christmas lights outside.  Okay, so Chad did the last part by himself.  I did my part by approving of them!  ;)

Look at this gorgeous blue sky!  The weather was absolutely perfect on Thanksgiving Day!


Did I forget to mention this part?  Grandma's Chocolate pie!  It's a Thanksgiving must in our house.  My Grandma makes the best chocolate meringue pie I've ever eaten.  Unfortunately she doesn't really have a recipe for it.  Go figure!  One Thanksgiving, years ago, I got her in the kitchen with me to help put together a "recipe" for it.  I've made one every year since then. 


Eli had to oversee the Christmas tree assembly.  First thing he said was "Ohhhhh, it's so pretty"!  How sweet is that!


 Eli thought he was just as big as Elijah.  He's really into wrestling other kids these days!  No matter the other kid's size!



It was a perfect Thanksgiving Day.  As perfect as it can be when you aren't able to spend it with all of your family.  I finished up the day by black friday shopping at Toys R Us.  Shhhh.  Don't tell Eli!  It was madness.  But it was fun.  I love black friday shopping!  I did most of mine online though.  Definitely the way to do it!  No lines, no crowds, no pushing, no fighting, no cold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment