background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Eli!

I can't believe I'm writing about Eli turning 3 years old.  Where did the last 3 years go?  It seems like yesterday I was pregnant and waiting for him to arrive.  His arrival was planned for a long time before he was even here.  He has brought more joy to our lives than I could have ever imagined!

His favorite things right now...(in no particular order)
1. laugh and "tickle"
2. hide from others, but he's a terrrible hider.  He starts giggling and when asked "where's Eli" says "right here"!
3. watch cartoons (Diego, Dora, Team Umizoomi, Bubble Guppies)
4. play outside
5. build "towers" with blocks
6. play with his friends (If you ask him who his friends are he lists: Grant, Tyler, Alexi)
7. go to "church" (Mother's Day Out)
8. eat cake
9. color/crafts
10. play on the playground
11. read books



He's 100% little boy.  He's loves playing in the dirt and being outside.  I think he will be athletic like his daddy!  He can kick a ball, hit a ball with a bat when pitched to him, swing a golf club and actually hit the ball and throw a ball pretty well too.  Soccer didn't go so well this fall mainly because he didn't have the attention span to sit and listen!  He can run and kick the ball just fine!  

He loves to ride his "bike" (tricycle) so we thought he would love a real bike for his birthday.  This picture below is his face when Chad was bringing out his new bike!


I did lots of research and we decided on this balance bike.  I think he will do really well with it once we can take it outside for him to really ride.  You could already tell a difference by the end of the day with him riding it through the house!  He was starting to pull up his feet and coast!  They are really cool!  Maybe Santa will bring him a helmet?






Birthday breakfast of fruit loops and a banana


Birthday lunch of Chick Fil A and a special cookie from Rick's Bakery.  Evidently the cookie makes him act silly like this picture below...  Note the icing all over his face and hands :)


All day long he asked for cake.  It was pretty sad actually.  I guess at this age he relates birthdays to cake and candles.  He didn't understand why he couldn't have his cake!  I had anticipated this being an issue, so first thing that morning we headed to Rick's Bakery and bought a small cake for the day.  His big cake would be at the birthday party the next day.  Rick's Bakery always does a fantastic job at making their cakes look great!  I tried waiting until Chad came home from work before we cut it but Eli just couldn't wait any longer!

He finally got a piece of his birthday cake!  He enjoyed it, with blue teeth and all!

Eli is definitely a very special little person to us all!  I love him more than I ever imagined.  I am so lucky and grateful to be his mom!  He is proving the saying "You think the two's are bad, wait until the three's" to be true!  It seems the past month or so have been very trying on our patience.  I know this is just a phase and will pass just as all the other phases.  I look forward to the many years to come with my sweet boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment