background

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our Weekend

We finally had a free weekend this weekend.  It seems we always have something going on or I'm working on most weekends.  We took advantage of this free weekend and drove to Little Rock to see my Dad.  He's finally home from the hospital, again!!  He came home briefly a couple of weeks ago but was readmitted after only a few days at home for another staph infection.  He's slowly getting stronger everyday! 

I took a few pictures of our visit with Dad but these are the only pictures I took all weekend!
They have a digital picture frame we gave them for Christmas one year loaded with pictures of Eli from when he was a baby until about 1 year old.  He went over to the picture frame and asked to see the "baby"!


How cute is this picture?  Eli loves his "Papaw"!  He thought it was pretty fun to sit in "Papaw's chair"!



Yesterday evening we just wanted to hang out at the house and enjoy our evening at home.  I picked up a pizza from our local take and bake place.  We sat outside and watched Eli play while we ate our pizza.  What a perfect ending to the day?!

This morning I heard Chad putting on his shoes.  I sat straight up in a bed and thought "oh no, I'm late for work.  It's 7:30 and my alarm didn't go off!"  Then I remembered it was Sunday and I wasn't working today!  I hate when I do that!  I quickly fell back asleep while he went for a morning run.  I wish I had his motivation to exercise!  Eli woke me up at 8:00 and he got in my bed and watched cartoons while I dozed off and on.  Chad was soon back from his run and we cooked breakfast, read the paper and drank coffee while Eli watched cartoons and played.  It was the perfect Sunday morning!  We made a trip to Sam's, drove to Rogers for lime juice (long story) and made it back home just in time for Eli's nap at 1:00. 

This afternoon we hung out outside while Eli played in the sprinkler.  We wanted to recreate our meal from Brian and Sue's last weekend.... grilled chicken quesadillas, homemade guacamole and homemade margaritas (reason for the lime juice).  I must say, we did a pretty good job!  It was all yummy!  And those margaritas.... they have quickly become my favorite margarita!  I don't know that I will ever be able to drink another one (okay that may be stretching it.  I doubt I will find one I like as well though)!  They are soooooo yummy!  Maybe I will post the recipe for them later.  It's too good not to share!

We were gonna go get shave ice (snow cones) tonight after dinner but we were stuffed.  I've been wanting one so badly!  We haven't been this summer to get shave ice and I think Eli needs to be introduced to them!  Maybe another night this week we will finally get one.

So that's our weekend.  It was perfect in every way!

No comments:

Post a Comment