background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Eli's First Dentist Visit

I've been putting off Eli's first dentist visit because I knew it would be horrible.  His pediatrician told us to start taking him to the dentist at his 2 year well check.  I told him he was crazy and there's no way Eli would let them look at his teeth much less clean them! 

There's this really cool pediatric dental group in our area and I've heard people rave about how great they are with the kids.  So I gave in and made him an appointment.  They were booking into August for new patients but happen to have a cancellation and could get him in the next day!  I decided to do it!

I probably should have listened to my instinct and waited until he was a little older.  It went exactly as I predicted!  The only pictures I was able to get was in the waiting room before being called back.  After that I was fighting him and holding him down!  He didn't want his xrays taken and refused to lay down to let them LOOK at his teeth.  It took two of us to hold him down for the dentist to look in his mouth.  Eli just wasn't buying all the cute kid things they had to take his mind off being there!  And to make things worse.... he still has 4 molars left to come in!

It can only get better from here, right? 



Eli pointing out Nemo and Dory

Eli refusing to look at the camera.  I wish I would have taken more pictures of the office.  They really out did themselves decorating this office!  It's awesome!  Video games, movies, games in the waiting area.  TVs above the dental chairs with headphones and cool sunglasses to wear.  Eli didn't want any part of the movies, headphones and glasses.


He did get a good check up though!  He's officially in the "Cavity free club"!
Yay!  Way to go Eli!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Eli! You are now officially free from cavities! I hope you maintain your teeth that way until you get old!

    ReplyDelete