background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Life is Sweet

Sorry I haven't really blogged since we got home.  We were busy at the first of the week with follow up doctor appointments and Chad having the stomach bug.  I had a stomach bug while Chad was in the hospital and I guess I gave it to him.  Mighty nice of me, huh?  I promise, I didn't mean to do it!  He's finally over it and is doing so much better with everything!  Thanks to everyone for continuing to check on us! 
We very much appreciate it!

Some big news in our house....  Eli's bed was changed into a BIG BOY bed yesterday!  It's kind of a test to see how he does.  And so far he's done great!  I totally expected Chad would have to change it back to a crib today but I was wrong!  I put Eli in the bed last night at bedtime and he never got out!  He just sat/laid on the bed and cried for a bit before falling asleep but never got off!  Then this morning when he woke up, he sat there calling "mommmmmmmyyyyy" but never got off the bed.  I'm so proud of him! 
He thinks his new bed is super cool!

Here he would say "cheese" and then cover his face for the picture!  Silly boy!

We have been trying to spend lots of quality time together this week and enjoy life.  With all that we went through the past few weeks, at times I wasn't sure if it would ever be back to normal again.  During Chad's illness I promised myself if our lives got back to normal and he got well I wouldn't take our simple life for granted.  It's scary to think how quick your life can be turned completely upside down.

Today we took a last minute trip to Branson to do a little shopping.  I had some good coupons and we live so close it's an easy drive there and back.  We usually try to plan our day trip to Branson around Eli's nap.  We try to leave when it's nap time so he will sleep most of the way there and be in a good mood for shopping.  It works most of the time, except for today!  He has a cold that has turned into a nasty little cough.  He hasn't been sleeping the best (naps or nightime) and only took about a 30 minute nap in the car on the way there.  Needless to say, our shopping trip was a disaster and we turned around and came back after about 1 1/2 hours of fighting him while trying to shop. 

He did look super cute in his green shirt for St. Patty's day though!

No comments:

Post a Comment