background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Hospital Day Two

We had a good night last night.  Chad and I both slept well.  Then he woke me up this morning by snapping his IV tubing in half and pulling off all his telemetry leads.  I asked what he was doing and he says "I need to go to the bathroom".  I guess he was just trying to get disconnected from all the tubes and wires!  I had to just laugh.  Silly boy!

He's so tired of all the wires, the IV (which he keeps trying to pull out) and the tests.  Today he went for a CT, MRA and now an EEG.  We still don't know any results from all the slew of labs they've drawn or tests they've run.  I'm sure they will slowly trickle in over the next few days.  They are consulting a neurologist/neurosurgeon now too.  He's still disoriented as to where he is or why he's here.  Maybe we'll go for a walk later to get out of this room?  I think it would do us both some good.

Thanks to everyone for all the sweet encouraging words and prayers.  We both feel so blessed to know we have so many people out there who care for us.

PS...I realized last night after I posted that I cannot count!  Yesterday was day 19, not 17.  I guess the lack of sleep has gotten to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment