background

Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Floors

Last year we bought all the materials to lay new laminate woods floors with our tax return money.  We put it off and put it off until FINALLY we decided this was the weekend to tackle the project. 

Eli was sent to his grandparents on Thursday and didn't return until today, Sunday.  That was the longest we've been away from him!  And we've never been at our house while he's been gone.  It was very strange and quiet at our house.  Not something I want to get used to, but it was nice to have a weekend to spend just the two of us.  Even if it was spent doing home improvements!

We had carpet through most of our house.

We kept the old carpet in one piece and listed it on Craigslist to see if we could sell it.  When we couldn't get it out of the house without cutting it I took down the listing...

Bare concert

This is the only picture I got without furniture in the room.  I was too excited to get the rug in the room that I forgot to take a picture with bare floors!  You get the idea though, right!  And the trim is still drying.  That's why it's missing.  Did I forget to tell you about the trim?  Well while Chad was laying the floors on Saturday I decided I was going to start painting all the trim and doors in our house white.  I'm so glad I finally did it (well started it I should say).  I've wanted to do this since we bought the house 4 years ago!  It makes such a big difference!  I LOVE IT!!!

Finally back together.  I hated everything being out of place!



One happy little boy enjoying his new floors!

Chad did a wonderful job!  I can't quit going in the living room and looking around.  Now to finish painting the rest of the trim white. 

Ughhhh, it never ends...



No comments:

Post a Comment