background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow day(s)

In case you live in a bubble or really far away, we got lots of snow and ice on Tuesday.  Of course I had to work that day.  I guess it ended up working out okay.  Chad got off early that day and I'm off the rest of the week.  Eli and I stayed at home for our "snow day" yesterday. We stayed in PJs all day and I never stepped a foot outside!  I only opened the door for the dogs to go out every once in a while.  Eli had a good time playing, watching cartoons and baking cookies.  I introduced him to the wonders of cookie dough.  I think I've created a cookie dough monster now!  Today we are gonna try to get out and head to Boingo Bounce for some entertainment! 


Eli loves to get the camera and take pictures of himself!  This is one of the many pictures he has taken.

I was gonna take another picture of the cookies after I piled them on the plate.  Well, once we ate one cookie, we ate another, and another, and another and so on.  Pretty soon half of them were gone!  Good thing I snapped this picture!  I don't usually bake from scratch.  I found this recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and had all the ingredients so I went for it.  They turned out really yummy!  And Eli had a good time too!

Of course we've been letting Jigs stay inside during this horrible weather.  We don't really have a choice since the windchill has been below zero around the clock.  I think he's getting spoiled!  And I'm ready for it to warm up so he can go back outside!



No comments:

Post a Comment