background

Thursday, February 10, 2011

More Snow

We got our historical, record-breaking snow yesterday.  Sadly, I still haven't uploaded pictures from the last snow.  So I'm compiling them all to this one blog post.  All the pictures of actual snow are from the snow we received yesterday.  They forcasted 3-6 inches.  We got 24.  I would say they were a tad off.

Honestly, I'm tired of snow.  Whoever wishes for 2 feet of the white stuff?  NOT ME!  I love this picture!
The only good thing about all this snow, snow ice cream!  I haven't had snow ice cream since I was a small child.  Thanks to my friend, Paula Deen, for the wonderful recipe.  Chad and I each made it our own by adding extra ingredients.  I like chocolate ice cream, I added Hershey's syrup.  Chad likes strawberry, he added strawberry jam.  I have to say his tasted quite GOOD!  I might add strawberry jam to mine tonight. 

With all these snow days I think Eli has drug out every toy he owns, watched every cartoon created and eaten more cookies/cookie dough than any kid should ever eat!  Valentines cookies, anyone?  Go here for the recipe.  There were yummy!  Today we are making brownies!
 

Yum!

I would say this is a happy face!  With all those cookies he's eaten he SHOULD be happy!

Here are some pictures Chad managed to snap while I was working yesterday.  This amount of snow was just amazing!  Where did the chairs go?

This dog pen is 4 ft tall.  The snow covers half of it!

This is the view out our front door!


I saw some people in our neighborhood sledding behind 4 wheelers.  I admit, I'm jealous.  It looks like FUN!  Maybe in a few years when Eli's older we will be doing the same thing!

Watching one of his many cartoons during our snow days.

The dogs playing nice (not really, it just looks that way).  It hasn't been much fun having both of them in the house.  Josey (the dachshund) doesn't like Jigs (the lab).  I'm constantly having to keep them separated.  I'm ready for better weather so Jigs can go back outside!

Eli's really into drawing right now.  Maybe I should be brave and get some finger paints?

This what we resort to when we can't make it to Boingo Bounce.

This is where he chose to watch cartoons this morning.  

Josey doesn't care how many toys are in the floor.  He's going to find the sun!

Eli pretending to go to sleep on his trampoline.  This is the face he makes when he says "night night".  How cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment