background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year

This year we were planning on having a low key NYE at home with Eli.  We went to eat at Chili's and then headed home.  Some neighbors had invited us over so we felt obligated to go over and just say hi.  We put Eli to bed and headed across the street with our video monitor so we could watch him.  Yes, it reached.  We are just as surprised as you!  Please don't judge us for leaving him.  We were watching him!  Here are a few pictures of Eli and me goofing off with the camera before bedtime.  He loves playing with the camera and having his picture taken!  Please ignore how horrible I look. 




See the monitor on Chad's hip!  I told you we were watching him!

Our neighbor is from Peru so we were introduced to some new traditions for NYE.  It was quite interesting and fun!  At the stroke of midnight you have to eat 12 grapes or raisens, each one representing a wish that will come true in the new year.  Then you have to grab a bag/luggage and run down the street with it.  This is supposed to bring you travels in the new year.  I didn't participate in this one but took video instead.  It was too dark for pictures.

Chad was a hit with the ladies as always!

Chad showing some moves, Peruvian style!  HA!  It was quite funny to watch!


We ended up staying way later than we ever expected to and had a great time!  I can't believe 2010 went by so quickly and I'm afraid each year will go faster.  I wish I could just make the time go slower so I could enjoy these moments of Eli growing and changing.  I have many New Year's resolutions for myself but I'm not going to list them all here because they would probably just bore you.  The main one I'm really looking forward to accomplishing is getting organized.  We have outgrown our house so much and it's not looking like we will be moving anytime soon so something's gotta change!  We just have too must junk.  Plain and simple.  I hope you each have a wonderful year!  Welcome 2011, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment