background

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Our Weekend

All of a sudden on Friday it hit me.  What you ask?  Strep throat!  I could have done without getting strep throat this weekend but I'm glad it wasn't next weekend.  Our trip to the beach is next weekend!  Now I'm terrified Chad and Eli will get it the moment we are leaving for the beach.

I haven't had strep throat since I was in high school.  I forgot how terrible it is!  I felt like I was dying.  The high fever is no joke when you're an adult.

 This is the only picture I decided to share with you.  Believe me, I tried taking a picture of my disgusting tonsils to share.  It didn't turn out so well.  So I will spare you...

Yesterday my house got it!  We were coughing in the cloud of Lysol.  And I wiped down every light switch, doorknob, remote control, phone and anything else I could remember touching in the previous days.


Today I finally ventured outside.  The weather was so beautiful this weekend.  Of course it was, because I was stuck in bed!  Chad shot his bow and of course Eli had to practice with his too!  He has to do everything his Daddy does and I love it!


We took Eli to the park so he could run off some energy.  Don't worry parents, I sat on the sidelines and watched.  I didn't touch the playground!  Anyway, I've been taking my antibiotics for 24 hours now so I shouldn't be contagious anymore.  I just am not taking a chance!  Plus, I'm still running fever and not feeling 100%.
 Eli making Chad walk the stone wall with him.  Eli is so lucky to have such a wonderful daddy!
And I'm lucky to have him as my husband.  He has done a good job taking care of me this weekend.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed my boys didn't get my germs.  Strep throat would NOT be fun on vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment