background

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lazy Weekend

We've had a very lazy weekend. And I've loved it!

Eli played outside in the backyard on Saturday. The weather was nice enough for him to "dig for gold". His obsession right now is watching "Gold Rush" with Chad and pretending to dig for gold in the backyard. He was sharing his "gold" with me here...

Eli wanted to pose with his tractors. He told them all to look at the camera and smile :)

We bought steaks at the store for dinner Saturday night. I've been wanting to try the restaurant style steaks floating around on Pinterest. I put a salt and pepper rub on it. Seared it in a cast iron skillet for 3 minutes each side. Then I finished it off in the oven for about 5 minutes. I made a garlic herb butter that we topped after it came out of the oven. Ummm, can you say yum? It was delicious! This is how I want my steaks from now on. Who needs a grill?

We finished the night off with roasting marshmallows over Eli's campfire setup thing his Mimi got him for Christmas. He asks to do this all the time he loves it!
Today we had to go to Cabela's so I could exchange some shoes. Shopping with Eli is starting to become a challenge.

We decided to stop by the playground and let Eli run off some energy since we had been cooped up in the house most of the weekend. We didn't stay long because Eli fell and cut his hand. Nothing bad but it hurt pretty badly I think. When he got to the top of the bridge he said "I'm king of the castle and princesses can't come"! Ha! At least he knows mommy is the princess :)
We got home and he finished off the day playing in the front yard riding his four wheeler and scooter.
And to top the day off I made a decadent chocolate cake. I fixed Eli a piece of cake and ice cream. He took one bite and said "mommy, this is the most wishous (delicious) cake you ever made me". Melted my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment