background

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Going to the Big D

Chad and I had an overnight trip to Dallas last weekend.  Mom came up to stay with the dogs and Eli while we headed to a Dave Matthews Band concert in Dallas.

We rarely get overnight trips alone so this was a big deal!


We got a hotel in downtown Dallas.  The hotel (The Adolphus) was beautiful and perfect for a short trip to the big D.


We walked a block to a mexican restaurant, Iron Cactus, for drinks and appetizers before the concert.


The last (and only) time we saw Dave Matthews I was 5 months pregnant with Eli.  It was outside in August in Memphis, TN.  Have you ever been to Memphis in August?  The heat and humidity... ugh!  It was 110 degree heat index.  That type of heat and pregnancy do not mix well.  Needless to say we didn't see the entire show before we left.  I was very disappointed we had to leave but it was the smart thing to do.  I've always wanted to see him again since then!

I have to say, Dave didn't disappoint!  He is truly awesome live!  I don't know all of his songs but seeing him live makes me want to learn them all!


Chad and I both agreed that DMB concerts are very different from Pearl Jam concerts.  Dave brings a much different crowd (one I like better... sorry PJ fans).  The crowd doesn't get quite as rowdy as PJ's crowd.  It was a nice mellow concert!  A nice change from what we are used to at PJ!

I thought this picture was kind of cool with all the laser lights!

Our trip was lots of fun but we were ready to get back to our sweet Eli.  We were barely gone 24 hours and missed him like crazy!

Now back to our crazy, hectic life!
And I wouldn't want it any other way :)


No comments:

Post a Comment