background

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!

I have so much to be thankful for this year I don't even know where to start.  First off, I'm very thankful for my loving family!  I don't know where I would be without Chad and Eli!  And I have the best friends anyone could ask for!  I am thankful to have a job I love (most days anyway).  This morning Eli was thankful for his tent and the Thanksgiving day parade!  He had a great time watching it while I cooked lunch!


We've had a great Thanksgiving Day so far, even though we are missing our family.  We've gotten used to spending it alone I guess.  We woke up early this morning, had our coffee and then I started cooking.  We were eating lunch by 11:00!  It's was very yummy I must say!  Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni and cheese and rolls.  After we put Eli down for a nap I started on Grandma's Chocolate Pie.  It's a Thanksgiving tradition!  Since the weather isn't so great outside I'm going with a cool whip topping instead of real meringue.  I'll let you know how it turns out! 

And for the best treat of the day we were surprised with this....

SNOW!!!!! 
It was pretty while it lasted!
Tonight we are going to a friend's house to indulge once again.
I love you Thanksgiving Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment