background

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Birthdays Galore

The month of March is birthdays galore for us.  Lots of little boys were born in March!  Eli has been to 3 birthday parties in the past two weeks.  If we lived in Connecticut I'm pretty sure we would have celebrated with Chad's brother and nephew, since it was their birthday as well!

This weekend my mom came to town for Matthew's (my nephew) birthday party.  He is turning 10 this year!  I can't believe he is going to be 10 years old!  I was in nursing school when he was born and was there for his birth.  I remember it like it was last year!

We went to Logan's Roadhouse to eat Friday evening.  They brought him a dessert and yelled really loudly and embarrassed him.  That's what happens when it's your birthday!  I don't think he cared so much since he got ice cream!


And he was nice enough to share his birthday ice cream with Eli!

Saturday was his birthday party.  He chose to have it at a local roller skating rink.  I was really looking forward to roller skating!  Chad and I grew up roller skating on the weekends.  And everyone had at least one birthday party at the skating rink!  I wasn't sure how Eli would do skating but I was excited to take him.  Let me just say... skating is NOT like riding a bike.  It doesn't come back to you like I thought it would!  We were all pretty wobbly at first!  But we finally caught on and were able to skate.  But whew!  It is a workout!


Here Chad was putting Eli's skates over his shoes.  Eli didn't know what was about to happen!

This picture is a little deceiving.  After a trip around the rink, Chad figured out Eli's skates were locked and the wheels weren't rolling.  He was just walking in the skates!


Chad unlocking Eli's skates...  let the fun begin!


Eli did pretty well for his first time skating!  He definitely had to hold someone's hand the whole time but that was no surprise.  I didn't expect him to just take off!


And here is Matthew on his skates!  It was only the second time he had ever skated!

Chad showing off his skating skills.

Chad and I both want to take Eli back skating now.  I think he loved it!

Mom showing off her mad skating skills.  I think she did the best out of everyone!

Eli loves his Mimi :)



The best part of birthday parties?  The cake and ice cream of course!


Saturday evening we just hung out at our house and cooked out.  While Chad was outside grilling he found some sparklers from last 4th of July in the garage.  Hopefully this year Eli will do better with fireworks!  He really liked the sparklers this time!


This has to be the sweetest picture ever!  Eli thinks Matthew is pretty awesome!  They were sitting on the couch watching a movie and holding hands!  Too sweet!


That was our weekend in a nutshell.  It was tons of fun!  Next weekend we are going to Forrest City to see my best friend, Connie and her kiddos.  I can't wait!  I've been looking forward to this for weeks now!

Until next time...

Oh yeah,  happy St. Patty's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment