background

Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow Day

Remember I told you we were supposed to get snow?  Well we did!  And as promised I have some snow pictures.  We only got maybe 2 inches.  Nothing big.  But it was enough to play in and build a snowman!  I decided to let Eli go out early this morning to get it over with.  That sounded bad, I know.  I just wasn't looking forward to the freezing cold, wet clothes and fight when it was time to come inside.  Plus we were forcasted to have the snow turn to rain in the afternoon so I knew it would mostly be gone by then.

Eli finally got some use out of the snow bibs, snow boots and gloves I bought him this year.  It's been so warm this winter he's hardly even worn a hat! 

He was SUPER excited to go outside and play in the snow!



He loved trying to throw the snow on me with the shovel.



He loves that lawnmower.



Eli would hardly look at me while we were outside because he knew I had the camera trying to take pictures.  This is the only picture I was able to get with him looking.  Maybe next time.


 
The only way I could get Eli inside was to promise hot chocolate.  It was tasty if I don't say so myself!  And he insisted on using the "cup with the owl".  Smart boy!



Trying to eat the whipped cream

 What a cute face!

 

Next we made Valentine's cookies to take to his friends tomorrow.



This was the first time we've made cookies using cookie cutters.

He was so proud of them!




And it was the first time we've made cookies he was able to decorate.  Can we say double excited?!
I think he ate more sprinkles than went on the cookies.




We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with toys and watching cartoons.


What a great snow day!
I hope we get another one soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment