background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New Addiction

Has it really been 14 days since my last blog post?  I don't know where the time has flown.  I feel like I have been in a whirlwind of activities.  I don't think it will slow down anytime soon either.  Maybe after the first of the year?

I looked on my computer hoping for some cute pictures of Eli to post....nothing.  Nothing since my last post.  I know I have been taking pictures I guess I just haven't uploaded them to the computer.  One problem I know of.... our little point and shoot camera has seen it's better days.  I loved it too.  I'm very sad about it!  I'm keeping my eyes open for a new one for Christmas but haven't found one I love yet.  Also, I got the new iPhone back in October and have found myself using that camera more than my real cameras.  It actually takes decent pictures and I always have it with me!  I just need to get better at uploading my pictures from my phone!

So what have I been up to you ask?  I have a new little addiction.  Pinterest!  If you don't know what I'm talking about you should learn about it quick!  It's only the best idea for a website and I should have come up with it.  It makes me stay up way too late, spend too much money and wish I could recreate all the cool stuff I see on there!

This is the first thing I made from Pinterest.  Cookie Dough Dip.  Enough said.  I've shared it with many people and they have all loved it.  What's not to love?  Cookie Dough?  In a dip?  Genius!

I shared this recipe with my Mom.  She said it had potential but needed a little tweaking next time.  We love jalepeno poppers in my family and it sounded like it would be really good.  After stumbling upon this recipe I was led to the blog Deep South Dish.  They have some really good southern recipes. 

That's another reason I love Pinterest so much!  I have found so many new blogs I'm now following.  Mostly food blogs but they are great ways to find new recipes and ideas!

Another recipe I found from Pinterest is this one (also from the Deep South Dish blog).  I made it today in honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I admit, I'm not a green bean casserole lover.  Okay, now pick your jaw up off the floor!  I just have never been a fan.  Until now!  This is the BEST green bean casserole I've ever had and I could eat it everyday!  I will definitely start making this on holidays (and probably more often than that). 

A couple of weeks ago Eli and I made this.  It turned out exactly like the picture!  It was too cute and Eli was very proud of his turkey.  This is the main reason I joined Pinterest.  I need ideas for crafts to do with Eli.  It's gotten too cold to play outside and we need things to keep us busy in the house.  He's starting to love painting, coloring, cutting with scissors or any kind of craft.  We also will be making these very soon, I've already bought all the supplies!  How cute are they?!

And I've bought everything to make this for Eli's room.  I'm in the middle of redoing his room and need ideas for things on the wall. 

I warned you.  I have a new addiction.  Can you tell?  I seriously love this website!  Start follwing me if you want.  And maybe I will start following you! 

I promise next time I will have pictures of Eli to share. 
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Gobble, Gobble!



No comments:

Post a Comment