background

Sunday, March 2, 2014

5 Year Well Check

A few weeks back Eli had his 5 year well check with his pediatrician.  We missed his 4 year well check (which includes shots) so Eli had to get them at this doctor appointment.  I was terrified.  I had been dreading this appointment since the day I made it.  I just knew as soon as I told Eli he was going to the doctor he would know he was getting shots but he didn't.  I never mentioned the shots until about 1 minute before it happened!

First he got his blood pressure checked.  He has had it checked in the past and thinks it's such a big deal.


I just can't get over how big he has gotten.

I didn't realize they would check his eyesight and hearing but it was pretty neat to watch.  His eyes were perfect!

They also did a color blindness test.

One ear isn't as good as the other (and I can't even remember which one), but it's not bad enough to worry about.  I'm contributing it to him having to have tubes in his ears.  We knew before the tubes he had some hearing loss but it was better after the tubes were placed.  This was the first time he had had his hearing checked since he was 18 months old (just after he had his tubes placed).

After his visit with his pediatrician came the shots.  I was so nervous!!  When we told Eli he was getting shots he got really scared but it all happened so fast he didn't have much time to think about it.  He was so brave and didn't even cry!!  He just said ouch a couple of times then it was over!

Eli was so proud of himself for getting shots and not crying.  And we were so proud of him too!
He is officially ready for kindergarten now!
How did this happen????

No comments:

Post a Comment