background

Sunday, August 25, 2013

10 Days Away

The day after we got back from Chicago Chad had to go BACK to Chicago for work.  For 10 days!  We had had our trip to Chicago planned for about 6 months and he didn't find out about his work trip until 2 weeks before he had to leave.  He (and I) dreaded his 10 days away.  He had never been away from Eli for that long, and I had never had to take care of Eli by myself (along with working full time) for that long.  Remember I work 12 hour shifts, so it makes for a really long day for everyone when I have to take Eli to the babysitter at 6am and can't pick him up until 7:30pm.  We were all a bit nervous!

The ten days Chad would be gone were going to be jam packed for Eli and me.  I was supposed to work 5 of the 10 days and we were going to Eastern Arkansas for 4 days.  Of course it didn't all go down how I had planned.  It never does.

I came down with a high fever and sore throat the day after Chad left town.  I immediately went to the doctor.  Eli had had the same virus the previous week.  Adults don't usually get the fever viruses from kids so I was afraid it was strep instead.  Strep test was negative.  Turns out the fever virus was Hand, Foot, Mouth!!!  Fun.  Thank God for our wonderful babysitter that week.  She kept Eli for me during the day while I laid around feeling terrible.  I don't know what I would have done without her.  We find ourselves saying that often.  God love her!

Here are a few pictures of Eli during the first week Chad was gone.  I have to brag on Eli for a minute.  He was perfect during this time!  He knew Mommy was sick and kept saying "I'm sorry you're sick mommy.  I hope you feel better".


He is starting to be nicer to the dogs.  He really does love them.

We made brownies one day.
 

I started feeling better just in time for our trip to Eastern AR.  A group of my college friends were getting together for a weekend in Memphis.  Eli was staying with Mimi and Grandy.  It was so fun to see all of my friends!  It had been 6 years since we had all gotten together.  There was lots of catching up to do!


We headed back home after our weekend in Eastern AR.  Eli is a good travel partner!

Chad had one free day while he was in Chicago to go do what he wanted.  This is him at the top of the Willis Tower.  You can walk out on a glass floor at the top!

Eli missed his Daddy SOOOOO MUCH while he was gone!  We made him a sign that morning for the airport.  We were both happy to have him back home!


That was the longest 10 days of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment